RV 4.0 is Here!
RV 4.0 is the next stage in our effort to build great tools for VFX and animation artists. It is built on the RVX Core, a new GPU accelerated image processing architecture that combines fast IO, resolution-independent image handling, a floating point image pipeline, advanced color management, and user-programmable image processing. See what's new in RV 4.0.
RV-SDI matches the flexibility of RV's dailies sessions with full quality SDI output. RV-SDI supports dual stream output for stereo playback, embeds audio in the SDI signal, and takes advantage of RV's flexible tools for review, editing, collaboration, annotation, and comparison of media.
RV-SDI Key Features:
- Stereo playback over Dual Link SDI: using Nvidia SDI hardware
- High Resolution, high bit depth
- 24 bit embedded audio
- Playback: 2K, HDR, Floating Point, Playback from RAM or Disk
- Review: Organize and annotate media dailies review
- Collaboration: Connect to other artists, clients or vendors for remote review
- Editing: Edit sequences with lightweight intuitive tools
- Comparison: Layout shots or cuts in tiled views, A/B compares with wipes
- Integration: Script, customize, automate RV to fit into your pipeline or workflow
RV Presentation Mode
RV-SDI introduces Presentation Mode. This mode allows users to control RV normally on one monitor while sending video out to another device. The controller view displays the RV GUI and the SDI presentation device sends final output through the SDI channel for display on a projector or monitor (with options to view the timeline and other tools on the SDI view).
RV Sessions for Dailies
RV's rich session file is a powerful tool for organizing dailies. The session manager makes it easy to combine, compare, edit and annotate media. You can create sessions in advance of dailies with all of the versions, sequences, A/B split screens, layouts or other items to review.
Some things you can do with RV sessions include:
The RV session is fully recursive. This means you can recombine anything you make in RV in new ways. For example, You could make a layout of sequences, or a sequence of layouts. Or you could make Folders of alternate takes and then make a sequence of folders.
RV is highly customizable and can be knit very tightly into custom dailies workflows. RV session files are ascii files in an open source format (GTO). Many shops integrate editorial and production databases with RV by writing Python scripts to create custom RV sessions for dailies.
Mix resolutions, frame rates, and color spaces automatically
- RV is resolution independent, which means you can mix sources of different resolutions and RV automatically fits them to the display window. No manual resizing is required to cut together mixed resolution sources (say SD reference video with Full App EXR renders and 1/2 res animation takes)
- Realtime pull-down/pull-up to handle any frame rates. RV automatically retimes media to play it back at the output fps (even for fixed rate SDI playback) so you never have to pre-convert media before viewing it in RV. This means you can cut together media of different frame rates into the same timeline, layout, or A/B compare.
- Advanced Color Management - RV converts media into a common color space so sources with completely different color spaces can be edited together and compared and can use the same display LUTs or other color settings. For example you can cut together Kodak Log DPX frames with sRGB Quicktime video and Linear Exr files and preserve the correct colors.
Availability and Price
RV-SDI is available for purchase for $4,999 (floating or node-locked). RV SDI supports Linux and 64 Bit Windows versions of RV. If you would like to request a trial of RV SDI please email us.
- Nvidia Quadro 3800, 4800, 5800 or 4000, 5000, 6000 graphics card
- Nvidia SDI output card
- Linux or Windows 7 64 bit OS
- AMD FirePro 7900
- AJA Kona 3G
- AJA Firmware (Kona3G GMA Version) available here.
- Windows 7 64