Tweak is looking for Software Engineers
To apply for the below position, please send a resume and cover letter
to job100 (at) tweaksoftware (dot) com. In your cover letter, please address:
- Your short and long term professional goals.
- Three or more aspects of past jobs or projects that you found particularly enjoyable.
- Three or more aspects of past jobs or projects that you found less than satisfactory.
- Your salary requirements.
- Anything else you feel strongly about with regard to your professional history or future.
About Tweak Software
Tweak Software, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, originated as the Research and Development division of Tweak Films, an award-winning visual effects company with a tradition of advanced technology development. Tweak Software was founded by VFX industry veterans with the goal of building great production tools.
Tweak's flagship product is RV, a cross-platform, real-time, film resolution, high dynamic range, image and sequence viewer with editing, compositing, and image processing functionality.
Summary of Position
This is a full-time, salaried position, with benefits, located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
This position requires a software generalist skilled in multi-tasking. Tweak is small, tight-knit company where everyone wears many hats.
The main aspects of this job are support (including custom engineering and documentation), tools development, and core infrastructure development. The environment is extremely collaborative and will provide: opportunities to acquire and use knowledge in almost all areas of application programming (except databases); broad exposure to the high-end VFX and animation industry; and the opportunity to work closely with accomplished industry veterans.
- Support existing users of Tweak's products, mostly via email, but sometimes by phone or in person.
- Participate in design and development of all levels of Tweak's software products, including scripts, modes, plugins, GUI, and core infrastructure.
- Maintain existing software, including bug fixes, upgrades, enhancements, and integration with other typical production software tools.
- Work with users and developers to develop and define requirements for new features and tools.
- Represent Tweak at trade shows and customer demonstrations.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent experience, required.
- 2-4 years of programming experience required. Desired field of experience include: computer graphics (especially visual effects or CG animation), media processing/playback and codecs, GUI programming, multi-threaded applications.
- Significant experience and working knowledge of software development using C++ required. Experience with other languages is desirable, especially C, Python, and Objective C.
- A passion for producing high-quality, robust, easy-to-maintain code, and willingness to work in a highly collaborative software development environment.
- Experience with UI development toolkits, especially Qt.
- Experience developing cross-platform applications for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.
- Knowledge of commercial VFX/Animation tools desired. (For example Maya, XSI, Houdini, Renderman, Mental Ray, Nuke, Shotgun.)
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities, and work within strict deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability. Willingness to take initiative and resolve problems. An intellectually aggressive attitude toward unfamiliar problems an fields is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and quality control.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team within a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment.